Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ordinary and Extraordinary April

Walking home from Tesco on Sunday, I carried nine rolls of Cushelle Toilet Paper by the handy pink strap attached to the package. We passed an excited group of Italian tourists and I suddenly grew very aware of my purchases. We're not tourists, although sometimes we feel like it.

Many moments of this month, like this one,  have been wonderfully ordinary. We've enjoyed meals with friends, trips to the Castle Sands, and evenings spent playing Cribbage. The days go by slow and the weeks fast, and Saturday is definitely our favourite day of the week.
Photo: I've got the whole beach to myself!
Evening trip to the Castle Sands.


Afternoon walk in the Cathedral Ruins.


Working hard of my first pair of gloves!


Lunch with my favourite date.




Now on to the extraordinary.

Garrick submitted his General Research Ordinance (GRO) a week early. This is the compilation of his work from his first year of PhD studies, and it is evaluated by faculty members in St Mary's.

Ryan Gregg, Garrick's college roommate, stopped in Scotland as part of his return journey to the USA. We truly had a "holiday" when he was here: delicious meals, long walks, naps, reading, and good conversation. He lived our life with us for a week and played lovely music for us in the evenings. :)

Coastal Path Hike.
Bye, Ryan!
The day after he left, friends from our hometown of Snohomish stopped in St Andrews to conclude their UK adventures. Piano students of my mom, it was a pleasure to meet and spend time with the Gerspachers! My mom even sent a hug through Rebbecca! They generously treated us to the Tailend and then were off to Edinburgh.
The Gerspachers and Allens!
And finally, take a look at the morning sun shining down on the cathedral ruins. I saw this on my  commute to work. Wow!



No comments:

Post a Comment