Saturday, January 19, 2013

We're home.

I've been unpacking our trip to the States over the past few days. It's pretty easy to do when 4am is the new 7am. Yep, jet lag strikes again! Sometimes experiences can't be put into words, but I'll give it a go.

Our families are amazing. We had a car, a charged Starbucks Gold Card, 5-Star B&B's (thanks to our parents), meals, and hospitality provided every day of our trip.

Our friends are amazing. People drove to random spots at randoms times to share life with us for just an hour or two. We left each meeting feeling full in our hearts and bellies.

After three and a half weeks, we drove back to Sea-Tac Airport and enjoyed the views and Ivar's Clam Chowder to fuel for the long journey ahead.


Is it possible to have a perfect travel day? I think we got pretty close. We weren't charged for our over-sized luggage, including my 88-key digital piano, we had an entire row to ourselves on each plane ride, and our lift home from Glasgow pulled up right as we walked out of airport. (Shout out out to Micah Snell!) Finally in St Andrews, we opened our blue door and plopped onto our couch. Home. It felt good.


I began a new job the day after we arrived! I'll admit I doubted my decision to start something new completely sleep deprived,  but I actually felt fairly normal. I am now an Administrator in the School of Modern Languages. It's a permanent post and after just three days in the office, I'm thankful and excited!

Garrick is back to his desk, his languages, and his writing. And, his stationary bike! Longer, warmer days are coming when we can once again cycle without freezing.

Happy 2013! We're looking forward to another year in Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment