Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PhD & CSA: Our Favorite Acronyms

It's official. Garrick and I have both had our short term dreams come true. Read on and find out about our new opportunities!

CSA (Collaborations & Study Abroad)

I said "farewell" to the Meerkats and "nice to meet you" to a wonderful new job! I am a Registry Administrator on the Collaborations & Study Abroad team at the University of St Andrews. My desk sits under a US map, I help St Andrews students on their journey to study in universities all around the world, and tea and coffee flow freely! :) The 9-5 lifestyle suits me well and practically mirrors Garrick's study hours. Being an American, I am stunned at the benefits offered to employees! If you'd like to know more, check out our web page: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/studyabroad/.

PhD (Doctor in Philosophy)

In the last 5 months, Garrick adapted to a new educational system, got honours in his modules, and managed to write a PhD proposal in his spare time. Yesterday, he walked into my new office and shared the exciting news: He got in to PhD at the University of St Andrews! His proposal in a nut shell (if that's possible) looks at the reuse of the Old Testament book of Zechariah in the New Testament book of Revelation. You can comment on this blog if you'd like to ask the man himself!

I think February has set high expectations for March. We could not be more thankful and recognize God's faithfulness above all else.

5 comments:

  1. Exciting! Congrats to both of you -- glad to hear you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bryanna! I'm so glad we can keep up on one another's lives thanks to blogs/facebook! You know all about studying abroad! Maybe I'll ask you for advice in my new post! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! So good to hear the news. Reading about fudge donuts, etc. also made me nostaligic. Jack Wisemore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jack, thanks for the note (and the correction!). Fisher and Donaldson have helped me through some tough times. I hope things are well at NU!

      -Garrick

      Delete
  3. Oops, typo on nostalgic. Jack

    ReplyDelete