Monday, April 28, 2014

Retreat in the Borders

This weekend, I joined 20 women from our church, Cornerstone, on a retreat at Kippilaw House in the Scottish Borders. We left in the evening on Friday and arrived in time for a brief session and small groups, followed by supper and socializing. I roomed with my lovely friend Liana in the White Room. It was very spacious and of course, white.

The retreat structure included sessions led by guest speaker, Dot, small groups, and free time. Saturday afternoon, I walked around the estate, painted my nails, napped, read "Harry Potter", and enjoyed conversation with friends. Meals were delicious and prepared by Becky and Abby, pictured below in their stylish aprons. I formed deeper relationships with many women from our church, and I'm thankful I had this time to rest and reflect. I hope to go back again to explore more of the Borders, including Melrose. Take a look!





 















No comments:

Post a Comment