Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So Long Snohomish!

Two large duffel bags, two backpacks, two front packs, two personal items, and one rolling suitcase.  It's weird to see your life packed up in 9 bags. Our once jammed room feels empty, and all that we own sits downstairs in the dining room. I feel surprisingly peaceful with bouts of overwhelmed and excited. I feel similarly to when I got married, planning for months and then realizing that there is nothing left to do but jump. Here is our plan of action for our departure day, Saturday, September 3rd and Sunday, September 4th:

2:00 PM: Arrive at Sea-Tac Airport with our families
4:30 PM: Depart on an Icelandair flight for Reykjavik, Iceland.
10:45 PM: Arrive in Iceland, 6:45 AM local time on Sunday
8:00 AM: Depart for Glasgow, Scotland
1:40 PM: Arrive in Glasgow, collect our 9 bags of luggage and go through customs
3:00 PM: Board the train to Leuchers, Scotland
6:00 PM: Arrive in Leuchers and get a taxi to St Andrews
6:30 PM: Arrive at our new home in St Andrews

Total travel time: Ideally 16 hours, 15 minutes

That just exhausted me. I am sure we will go straight to bed upon arriving in St Andrews! I find it appropriate to wrap up our last blog from Snohomish with some photos of the wonderful people we're leaving behind. The amount of love we have felt from them is amazing, and we are excited to see them on Skype!


 Thanks for reading and please pray for safe travels!

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you. I can hardly wait to visit you. So long Snohomish made me cry!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait for you to come visit! I love my mom. (And dad too.) :)
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete