Friday, April 3, 2015

30 Weeks

In less than 10 weeks, we'll meet our little girl. Even though that's not much time, much will take place before she arrives. On Tuesday, we turned in the keys to our flat and enjoyed our sea view for the last time. We are currently living with generous friends while we wait for Garrick to defend his thesis on the 14th of April. Then, we move to Germany. So, the birth seems ages away, even though it's very soon.

I'm feeling okay. By 8 o'clock, I usually like be be horizontal due to my sore back. My favourite part of pregnancy is feeling each and every wiggle, kick, and somersault. It's even better when Garrick's hand is pressed to my belly during these moments. I've learned that pregnancy is filled with highs and lows, like most life experiences. But, even during the lows, this life inside of me is growing, healthy, and a precious gift from God. Garrick's sense of humour keeps me laughing (most of the time) and makes the days pass quickly.

Our daughter has a name: Eloise Harper. Referring to her by her name has helped each of us feel bonded with her. We have a one-line a day memory book that we're writing in to capture this unique season. Garrick thinks we're cool parents already, but I'll leave that up to her to decide. Soon, her nursery will be underway at our flat in Germany. She already has quite the wardrobe and lots of books to read thanks to our lovely friends and family. Introducing her to her grandparents will be very special, and both sets are coming to Germany soon after her birth!

That's all for now. More to come soon.

(A friend in St Andrews took these photos of us last weekend in front of our flat. Thanks, Kate!)









1 comment: