Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Costa Brava

As I write this, the rain pounds against our sea-facing windows, and we just returned, drenched, from a Tesco run. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago we were laying on the beaches of the Mediterranean!

For the last part of our trip, we decided to relax. We rented a small place in Begur, north of Barcelona, and spent our days playing cribbage on the sun deck (below). We also explored the curving coastal roads, discovering hidden beaches. Yes, I got car sick. One evening, we sat outside for dinner at a restaurant and a local family sitting near us requested to move inside because they were too chili. And we were almost too warm! Our time spent soaking up Vitamin D while reading at the beach was among our favourite. I even convinced Garrick to go swimming (twice!).

Travelling is usually a slightly stressful endeavor for me, but this trip was truly peaceful. Spending 10 uninterrupted days with my scholar husband, who left his thesis behind, was a treat. So, here's the last of our photos. I'll spare you the ones of us at the beach....
























Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment