Sunday, December 15, 2013

December Days

With just one week until we fly to Seattle via Reykjavik, we're soaking up the Christmastime festivities in St Andrews. Advent season means that Handel's Messiah plays in our flat and we anticipate the Joy that came to the world over two thousand years ago.
 
We attended the St Mary's Christmas Party in the Senior Common Room this past week and it was a great time to socialize with Garrick's colleagues and lecturers. My work Christmas party happened on Friday and again, I can't express how thankful I am for my new job! This week I'll host a party for the women in my Tuesday Small Group, and Thursday my two piano students will play in a wee recital at our flat. Garrick will be a guest performer, playing Good King Wenceslas and We Wish You a Merry Christmas accompanied by me. He's been practicing!
 
Next Sunday at around this time we'll be greeted at the airport by our families. I can't quite describe the excitement and emotions that come with seeing loved ones after a year apart, and also knowing that I'll be eating Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups very soon.
 
Recently, I've been buried in Canon Rebel user guides and photography blogs. I've finally made the switch to 'manual' and have been making slow progress with my photos. I'm a complete amateur, but it's been a fun hobby. We've had little sunlight so I've mostly been shooting indoors. Happy Christmas!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment