Thursday, June 20, 2013

Two Allen Updates

Garrick: He passed his GRO, or General Research Ordinance, and can now be referred to as Garrick Allen, PhD Candidate! This is the compilation of all of his work from his first year of PhD and has to include at least one chapter, a bibliography and an outline of his dissertation. If this is not submitted, or is deemed inadequate, than continuation in the program is uncertain. Garrick puts in a lot of hours makes the most of every opportunity, and in turn I feel appreciated for my efforts in working and moving across the world. We are a team!

Andrea: I got a 4-week contract for the month of July in Finance Department at the University! As a term-time employee, I thought it would be difficult to find work over the summer holiday. As we'll be in Paris this August, that made a month-long job seem even less likely. Well, thanks to networking, I got an email from the Head of the Finance Department while we were in the Low Countries letting me know about the temporary post. I attended what I thought was an informal meeting, which turned into an interview (fun!), and got the job.  Anyway, God always provides, and we are thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment