Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tan Lines

We never thought it could happen. After writing many posts about bundling up, the whistling wind, and the freezing rain, it seemed we lived in an ice box.

Until...

SUN!

Google Weather Report:

St Andrews, Scotland
19°C | °F
Clear
Wind: E at 7 mph
Humidity: 46%


A week of it. We've enjoyed our little sun room addition at the back of our flat each day after work. I made my first bath of iced tea today. And I fell asleep outside, waking up my hibernating freckles.

The locals are bearing their white, white legs, (yes that includes me), and with typical Scottish cynicism, complain it's now too hot. The shoe salesmen at Sport Direct moped to the counter with my box of New Balance tennis shoes in hand: "It's too hot! I can't wait until it cools down."

Wow.

Anyway, this post is merely to say, it does get warm in St Andrews, and I have tan lines.

1 comment: