Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Mums!

We both have pretty great Mums. (Moms for all our American readers.) In honour of 13th May, Mother's Day, we decided to write letters to the women who gave us life and continue to love and support us. ____________________________________________________________________


Julie Roesler Grantham

Mother of Garrick Vernon Allen, born 28th April, 1988.

Dear Mum,

Happy Mother's Day! I am very blessed to have you as my mom. Thank you for being so strong, giving, and full of love all these years. I will always be grateful for you and everything you've done for me. Also, thank you for going through labor on my behalf. I know you didn't have much of a choice at the time, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Seriously, it sounds like quite an ordeal...well done! I love you very much and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love,
Garrick

_____________________________________________________________________

Lori Jean Stevens

Mother of Andrea Jean Allen, born 17th February, 1988.

Dear Mum,

Happy Mother's Day from Scotland! I didn't think I would ever write that sentence, and I just did! Our relationship is truly one that I cherish every day. You are one of my closest friends. Selfless, caring, and funny are just a few of the many wonderful qualities I could use to describe you. Above all, you put God first and I have learned so much about God's love through your love. I remember spending days with you when Janelle first went to school. We had so much fun every day! When I was diagnosed with RA, you saw me at my worst and supported me through every ache and pain. Thank you! Now that I'm and adult, married, and living a few thousand miles away, your support is still a driving force in my life. Chatting with you over Skype and receiving encouraging emails brighten each day. If I can be anything close to the mother you were to me, my kids will be pretty well off. I love you!

Love,
Andrea

_____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment